Wednesday, December 16, 2009

13 Cranes and one fuzzy plan

I'm going to make a thousand of these. I will be making them for Child Abuse Awareness Month, coming up in the U.S. in April.

An origami crane is a symbol. My thought on symbols is they can be whatever you want them to be, so I'm going to go with Hope. As I am folding cranes, I will hope that children in present need of rescue can be both found and helped.

In my culture there is a belief that if you fold a thousand cranes you will get what you want. One brave little girl with leukemia is the most famous example of this belief. Some women also fold a thousand cranes (or try to) before marriage.

I WANT a $1,000 philanthropy budget so I can donate to organizations that are trying to make my hope a reality. Now for the fuzzy part of my plan:

I am going to make my paper cranes into um, Hope Ornaments, by some method I am still working out. (I think it will involve eyelet pins and acrylic non-toxic paper glue) Then I will sell my ornaments door-to-door for $1 each to make my Hope stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment